Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fireside sweater!

I've been working on the Fireside Sweater via Ravelry. I had never made a sweater before, and decided it was time to jump into the art of sweater making! I needed a new challenge! I've been making better progress than I initially anticipated, and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of November at the latest! We'll just see how that goes, it's basically up to my two young children as to when I actually get to accomplish this task! *Crossing fingers!* I started to make this sweater as the pattern called for; 2 front panels and one back panel, but I decided to rip out what I had (roughly 42 rows) and start over with all the panels put into one large piece. I also added a rope cable where the seams would've been just for some asthetic appeal...also I thought maybe it would add some structure that I might have otherwise taken out by not seaming. I've decided to make 2 rows of buttonholes to make this sweater appear double breasted. I can't wait until the finished results! So far I'm up to the waist decreases, one more row of shaping to do and then it's another 6" or so of pattern before the bust increases (I'd have to refrence my pattern for exacts). It's becoming close to nap time for my two toddlers, so my agenda will consist of making lunch, laying kiddos down for nap, and working on my sweater for the first time today! Yippe! I get so drawn into this project, but I just can't help it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment